With the ICAEW change in CPD requirements coming into force on 1 November, companies that run CPD courses have spotted a nice little earner (which needless to say will cost the hapless members of the ICAEW dear).
One such company, based in Canada, somehow has my name, email address and knowledge of the fact that I am a member of the ICAEW. I was on the receiving end of this email from them this morning:
" Hi Ken,
Unless you are exempt from the CPD Regulations, then you are required at the start of the CPD year (1 November) to identify which CPD category is most applicable to you, based on the type of work you do - get all your hours during our once-a-year 2-day sale.
By taking online courses, you ensure compliance with your CPD Obligations - online courses are flexible, verifiable, and fit your busy schedule.
Best-selling product on an even bigger sale - until midnight on Wednesday, December 13, 2023, you can claim an additional 10% off on Triennial CPD Custom Package - get 60 hours just for £540.9 instead of £1,737*
- Long-Term Planning: Offers a longer planning horizon, allowing you to organize your learning and development over three years.
- Time and Cost Efficiency: For just £180.3 per 20 hours (billed triennially £540.9) it provides the lowest pricing - cost savings and administrative convenience as you only need to manage and pay for CPD requirements once every three years instead of annually.
- Flexibility: Select and complete courses at your own pace within the three-year period.
- Reduced Administrative Burden: By streamlining these administrative tasks into a triennial plan, the overall administrative workload decreases significantly. This frees up time to focus on other critical tasks within the organization.
* Use code: DECEMBER
Lock the best price for your professional development credits today."
I have written to them asking them how is it they have my email address.
Tax Investigation Insurance
Market leading tax fee protection insurance for businesses, sole traders and individuals. Protect yourself from accountancy fees in the event of an HMRC enquiry.
Having a Solar Protect Tax Investigation Insurance policy at your disposal means that should you be one of the many 1000's of businesses or individuals that are selected by HMRC each year to look into your tax affairs your own accountant (your tax return agent) can get on and defend you robustly.
You have the peace of mind knowing that your accountant's (your tax return agent) fees will be paid by the insurance without any Excess for you to find.
Tax Investigation Insurance is an insurance policy that will fully reimburse your accountant's (your tax return agent) fees up to £100,000 if you are subject to enquiry by or dispute with HMRC.
A Solar Protect policy will enable your accountant (your tax return agent) to:
- Deal with any correspondence from HMRC
- Attend any meeting with HMRC
- Appeal to the First-tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal
- Having the security of knowing that fees will be met in full will enable your Accountant (your tax return agent) to defend your position robustly
Please click here for details.