Become a Chartered StarIf you are a leader aged 18 – 35 with a passion for global issues and a track record of making a significant impact in your community, country or organisation, then you could be part of 2020’s One Young World delegation.
Entry criteriaWe’re looking for young ICAEW members or ACA students who really stands out and who can demonstrate true leadership, has the ability to inspire and motivate others, and a vision of how they – and the profession – can have a positive impact on society. Our winners should demonstrate:
- a genuine passion for the chartered accountancy profession and the key global challenges it faces;
- the confidence to represent ICAEW and Chartered Accountants Worldwide on the world stage;
- excellent communication skills and an active social media network, comfortable using different social media tools and confidence speaking in front of a camera; and
- significant leadership skills in their roles, being able to demonstrate the values of ICAEW and Chartered Accountants Worldwide.
How to enterIndividuals must produce a video/vlog pitch of no more than five minutes.
Your pitch should focus on one of the five One Young World 2020 plenary session themes and how chartered accountants and the profession can contribute to these.
- The Climate Crisis - 10 Years To Go, Can We Deliver The Paris Agreement?
- Rights and Freedoms - How Can We Defend Rights Online And Offline?
- Education - How Can We Prepare For The 4th Industrial Revolution?
- Conflict Resolutions - Authoritarianism Is On The Rise; How Can We De-Escalate Tensions?
- Future Economies - How Can Economic Growth Be More Just?
Feel free to include one of the following ICAEW handles/tags if you'd like us to promote the piece:
Please note that the number of likes/shares of the pitch will not influence the Judges’ decision.
The final step to complete your entry, send a link to your published content to email@example.com. Entries must be submitted by midnight on Sunday 10 May 2020.
Any questions during the process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The judging processThe successful candidates will be chosen by a judging panel and all candidates should inform their employer of their intention to enter the competition to ensure that they will be able to attend the One Young World Summit.
How we use your dataThe protection of personal privacy is an important concern to ICAEW. Any personal data collected will be treated in accordance with current data protection legislation.
We will use your personal data for the administration of the competition. ICAEW will not use or share personal data provided with third parties for marketing purposes. The winner will receive their prize direct from the competition sponsor.
For more information about our data protection policy, please go to icaew.com/dataprotection