"There are a number of ICAEW Communities which you can join free as part of your ICAEW membership. Covering a range of different industries, life stages and specialisms, our communities give you access to an array of webinars, resources and content specific to you and your sector.
All you need to do is join a community to start hearing about:
- The impact of COVID-19 on your sector: the funding options available, how to support businesses in difficulty, and what the future may look like as different industries consider how they will come through the lockdown
- How to thrive in a virtual world: hints and tips for working remotely, covering issues such as how to remain an effective director, how to successfully run virtual board meetings, and how to speak professionally online
- How data analytics is transforming business: hear how finance professionals can use data analytics to transform the decision-making process and move up the value chain by discovering opportunities, managing risks, and reducing fraud
- Planning personal finances in uncertain times: understand how market turbulence caused by Brexit and COVID-19 is impacting investment strategies and what recent fiscal changes may mean for those planning retirement"
Tax Investigation Insurance
Having a Solar Protect Tax Investigation Insurance policy at your disposal means that should you be one of the many 1000's of businesses or individuals that are selected by HMRC each year to look into your tax affairs your own accountant (your tax return agent) can get on and defend you robustly.
You have the peace of mind knowing that your accountant's (your tax return agent) fees will be paid by the insurance without any Excess for you to find.
Tax Investigation Insurance is an insurance policy that will fully reimburse your accountants (your tax return agent) fees up to £100,000 if you are subject to enquiry by or dispute with HMRC.
A Solar Protect policy will enable your Accountant (your tax return agent) to:
- Deal with any correspondence from HMRC
- Attend any meeting with HMRC
- Appeal to the First-tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal
- Having the security of knowing that fees will be met in full will enable your Accountant (your tax return agent) to defend your position robustly
- Premiums are Annual Premiums.
- Premiums are inclusive of 12% IPT.
- Premiums and IPT are due in full in advance / at commencement of scheme.
- There is a NIL excess on all policies.
Please click here for details.