The organisation comprises six professional bodies:
- Chartered Accountants Ireland
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia
- New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants
- The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
Chartered Accountants Worldwide aims to provide:
- a consistent platform globally to promote the expertise of Chartered Accountants
- the ability to maximise opportunities to work anywhere around the world
- greater opportunity to connect and network with your peers worldwide
- access to member facilities in other partner institutes including events, technical information, business centres, libraries, information services, websites and newsletters
Connecting hundreds of thousands of members and students, it aims to:
- promote the commitment of our global membership to the highest standards of professional and ethical practice
- create greater opportunities globally for those seeking to become or develop as Chartered Accountants – and those looking to train or employ them
- share expertise and innovation to maintain Chartered Accountancy’s position as the preeminent qualification for those in accountancy, finance and business.
Meanwhile the Global Accounting Alliance (founded in 2006 and which also includes a.o. the ICAEW) still exists:
"Representing over 700,000 of the world's leading professional accountants, the Global Accounting Alliance will promote quality professional services, global membership support, share information and collaborate on important international issues.Is it possible that there is a wee bit of an overlap here?
The Alliance will work with national regulators, governments and stakeholders, through member-body collaboration, articulation of consensus views, and working in collaboration, where possible, with other international bodies."